BOSTON (CBS) – Thursday night means it’s time for some Role Play on The Adam Jones Show, a game that requires Jones to be a bit of an actor in getting inside the mind of different people and answering a handful of questions as that specific person.
Here are the questions:
1. You are Patriots cornerback Darrelle Revis. Reporters at Patriots-Eagles joint practices have said this week you’ve been getting toasted by WR Jeremy Maclin and it appears you’re not going full speed. Why are you dogging it in practice?
Jones as Darrelle Revis: “Look, I don’t need to go out there and shut down Jeremy Maclin one hundred percent, balls to the wall in a joint practice when I know I can cover Jeremy freakin’ Maclin in my sleep. That’s why I’m dogging it. I don’t need to go all out. I know I can stop these guys. That’s why I’m dogging it.”
2. You are Bruins defenseman Torey Krug. Earlier this week it was reported that a lucrative offer was made to you by an unidentified KHL team to go play in Russia. Are you really considering the KHL? Is it even an option?
Jones as Torey Krug: “Just between us there’s no real KHL offer. Me, my agent and my camp huddled up and know there’s no real leverage here with the Bruins. I don’t have any. Neither does Reilly Smith. I have no leverage whatsoever, so how do I drum up some semblance of leverage? Tell the Bruins I have a big offer from the KHL, and that they’ll pay me through the nose and treat me like a God over there. Maybe they’ll fall for it. That’s all it is.”
3. You are Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz. Are you happy the team did what you wanted and got a power bat? What should they do in the offseason?
Jones as David Ortiz: “I’m happy they got me a power bat, but I’m never really happy. I’m never really thrilled with the situation here. If it’s my contract, who’s hitting behind me, the official scorekeeper, or the pitching — sometimes I’m pissed at the manager, the media. I’m never truly happy. But I am happy they got a power bat. We do need some top flight pitching to really make Big Papi happy. I asked for it, so I think it’ll happen.”
4. You are Red Sox Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez. If you could add either Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens to the Baseball Hall Of Fame, who would you choose?
Jones as Pedro Martinez: “Us pitchers stick together, so I would put Roger Clemens in the Hall of Fame over Barry Bonds. Clemens had seven Cy Young Awards and was one of the best pitchers of the era that I pitched in. I think they’re both in, but I would pick Roger first.”
5. You are former Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig. What are your plans for retired life?
Jones as Bud Selig: “I’m going to move back to Milwaukee and get drunk everyday. What else am I doing? I’m in my old age, not working anymore…isn’t that the American dream?”
Listen below for the full thing, play along and leave us your answers in the comments section!
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON