BOSTON (CBS) – There’s two things every baseball writer has in common: they love baseball and they love Bruce Springsteen.
Two Boston BBWAA members, CSNNE’s Sean McAdam and the Boston Globe’s Pete Abraham, claim to be the biggest Springsteen fans in the city and maybe even the world.
Abraham boasts on his Twitter page that he’s seen 118 shows, and while McAdam doesn’t have that on his resume, his depth of knowledge of the artist stretches much farther back.
To find out who’s Boss, Fred Toucher and Dan Roche had a little competition Wednesday morning on 98.5 The Sports Hub.
Here are the questions:
– What was the first song that Bruce Springsteen learned to play on the guitar?
– The E Street Band took its name from a street in what New Jersey shore town?
– Bruce’s wife (at the time) Julianne Phillips AND wife-to-be Patti Scialfa both appear in the music video for what Springsteen song?
– Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band appeared as the halftime performance during what Super Bowl?
– Bruce has won two Golden Globe awards for “Best Original Song” from a film: The Streets Of Philadelphia in 1999 and what other film from 2009?
– How many Grammy awards has Bruce won?
– In October of what year did Bruce Springsteen appear simultaneously appear on the covers of both Time and Newsweek magazines?
– In 1999, Bruce was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Who gave the induction speech?
– Bruce originally wrote the song “Hungry Heart” for what band, but recorded it himself at the insistence of his manager?
Listen below to find out who won!
MORE FROM TOUCHER AND RICH
- Isaiah Thomas: Tom Brady Is ‘Coolest Dude I’ve Ever Met’
- Boomer Esiason: Great Coaching By Bill Belichick Has Patriots 3-0 On Season
- Fantasy Football Advice With Dave Richard: Week 3 Injury Replacements For Key Players
- Mayo On Toucher & Rich: Never Experienced Pressure From Patriots To Play Through Injury