BOSTON (CBS) – Thursday night means it’s time for some Role Play on The Adam Jones Show, a game that requires Jones to be a bit of an actor in getting inside the mind of different people and answering a handful of questions as that specific person.
Jones was off, so Rich Keefe took his place.
Here are the questions:
1. You are former Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester. You were just traded to Oakland. However, you will be a free agent at the end of the season and said previously you would consider a return to Boston if traded. So Jon, WOULD YOU come back to play for the Red Sox?
Keefe as Jon Lester: “I would come back. I’ve been saying all along I would. But just between you and me . . . that whole ‘hometown discount’ thing? Yeah you can throw that out. If I get a nice offer from the Yankees or Dodgers I’ll call the Red Sox and see what they think. I would definitely pitch for Boston again. I had some good times here. I had great teammates. But if I come back it’s gonna cost them.”
2. You are Oakland general manager Billy Beane. What prompted you to be so aggressive in the trade market this year?
Keefe as Billy Beane: “We haven’t won a damn thing. I’ve been here awhile. We haven’t won anything. We won a couple of Oscars [for Moneyball], or at least we were nominated for them. We’ve won one playoff series. One series and we got bounced the next round. I don’t know if you play poker, but we are all in!”
3. You are Red Sox infielder Xander Bogaerts. With Stephen Drew traded, how happy are you to be moving back to shortstop?
Keefe as Xander Bogaerts: “I’m beyond thrilled. I’m a little steaming that they moved me to begin with. That still sticks in my craw. It messed me up. I’m a good hitting shortstop and a below average fielding shortstop, but that’s going to improve. I don’t know why they brought this Stephen Drew character in in the first place.”
4. You are Rays manager Joe Maddon. How do you handle the loss of David Price?
Keefe as Joe Maddon: “We’ve done it before. We have great players that we can’t pay so we send them away. We don’t spend a ton of money on our team. I’ll tell you what I still like our rotation. I like my guys. We liked David Price, but we’ve replaced guys like James Shields and Scott Kazmir before, so I think we’re gonna be okay.”
5. You are Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz. Your team just traded their best starting pitcher, but for somebody that will provide you some protection in the lineup in Yoenis Cespedes. How do you feel about the trade?
Keefe as David Ortiz: “I love it. I absolutely love it. He’s no Manny Ramirez hitting behind me, but he’s certainly better than what we have.”
Listen below, play along and leave us your answers in the comments section!
MORE RED SOX COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Report: Red Sox May Target David Price And/Or Zack Greinke In Free Agency
- Dave Roberts, Red Sox Legend, Named Dodgers’ New Manager
- Roger Clemens Would Pick Red Sox Hat For Hall Of Fame
- #ThanksPapi: David Ortiz Tributes Pour In On Social Media