BOSTON (CBS) – Thursday night means it’s time for some Role Play on The Adam Jones Show, a game that requires Jones to be a bit of an actor in getting inside the mind of different people and answering a handful of questions as that specific person.
Here are the questions:
1. You are Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz. You hurt your back on a check swing in Toronto. How’s the back feeling?
Jones as Ortiz: “It’s no good man. It’s sort of been bothering me a little bit. I swung my bat the wrong way and just tweaked it a little bit. We’ve got to fly cross country and my back will not be okay flying cross country in a private jet. I can’t see myself playing Friday against Tampa.”
2. You are Rays pitcher David Price. You and Ortiz haven’t exactly seen eye-to-eye the past year. What do you make of Ortiz’s “back injury”?
Jones as Price: “If he’s not out there playing Friday night I think he’s a little b—-. He wants to call me that earlier this season because I threw at him? If he tweaked his back in an afternoon game and can’t turn around and face me the following night, that’s what I think about him — I think he’s ducking me.”
3. You are Red Sox principal owner John Henry. You also happen to own the Boston Globe, so why did you send a letter to the Herald?
Jones as Henry: “I have to keep up some sort of guise of impartiality. That means spreading it around all the media outlets. I can’t just answer every e-mail from the Globe, Boston.com and look like I’m favoring them — even though I really am.”
4. You are NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. You only gave Ravens running back Ray Rice a two-game suspension for knocking his wife unconscious. Why so lenient?
Jones as Goodell: “I may have this wrong. But see, I thought marijuana use is 8x as bad as beating women. That’s how I thought that works. I thought most of the country and most of the league would be on board with that. I’m quite surprised with the backlash. I thought two games for beating a woman is just about right.”
(Note: Clearly Jones’ portrayal of Roger Goodell is sarcastic. In no way shape or form is this meant to be a serious segment. Roger Goodell’s two game suspension for Rice is an outrage)
5. You are NBA free agent Ray Allen. Why do you want to follow LeBron James to Cleveland?
Jones as Allen: “Isn’t it obvious? I want to keep winning championships and shove it in the face of Garnett, Pierce and especially Rondo. I’m going to keep getting rings and they are all stuck on one.”