BOSTON (CBS) – Every night on The Adam Jones Show, Jones and Rich Keefe take a break from the hard-hitting hot sports takes in a lighter segment called Game Of Jones.
On Wednesdays the guys play “Would You Rather,” in which Jones is asked either/or type questions on various topics. Keefe was out, so it was Adam Jones and “Jeopardy” Joe Murray running the ship.
Here are the questions:
1. Would You Rather have Jon Lester or Rajon Rondo in Boston in 2015?
“I don’t want to give Jon Lester whatever he wants. I think you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere,” said Jones. “But if you’re not getting Kevin Love I don’t understand the point of having Rajon Rondo on the Celtics for this season. I don’t need to see Rondo on a rebuilding team. I’d rather the Celtics trade him off and get some assets, be terrible in the meantime and go back into the lottery.”
2. Would You Rather Rob Gronkowski be ready for Week 1 or later on in the season?
“I want Rob Gronkowski later in the year. I don’t know that the Patriots can manage it that way, but I’d much rather have him in games that matter than games in the beginning of the season,” said Jones.
3. Would You Rather have Jake Peavy continue to get starts for the Red Sox or go with Brandon Workman?
“I’d rather have Workman at this time. Workman or anybody from Pawtucket. I’d rather have Workman, Anthony Ranaudo, Matt Barnes, Allen Webster and if you want to go down to Double-AA go and get Henry Owens. I’d rather have youth than Jake Peavy,” said Jones.
4. Would You Rather attend a Bill Belichick press conference or a Gregg Popovich press conference?
“I would rather be at probably Popovich’s. At least he’ll throw in a joke every once in awhile. They’re both amusing from the standpoint that somebody is going to get b—-slapped around. You just know it. Popovich doesn’t have these four or five minute answers about basketball in the 1980’s. If you ask Belichick about the Giants in the 80’s get ready for a five minute snoozefest,” said Jones.
5. Would You Rather attend MayhemFest or CountryFest?
“I’m not a big country fan but I’ll listen to it. I’ll dabble from time to time. But it’s CountryFest and it’s not even close. That thing is a party. It’s not even about the concert. Maybe I’m selling MayhemFest short and we should take a show field trip there next year. But I’m picking CountryFest,” said Jones.
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- This Week In Golf: Brian Stuard Wins Playoff At Shortened Zurich Classic
- ESPN Decides Trent Dilfer Is Not Good Anymore, Expected To Part Ways With NFL Analyst
- Steve Belichick Following In Father’s Footsteps On Patriots’ Sideline
- One Painfully Funny Line From NFL’s Motion To Oppose Tom Brady’s Appeal Window Extension