CONWAY, N.H. (CBS/AP) – The family of a 15-year-old New Hampshire girl who had been missing for 9 months is thanking everyone for their support.
Abigail Hernandez was reunited with her family on Sunday evening, Attorney General Joseph Foster announced Monday.
“We want to thank everyone for their continued support for the Hernandez family as they recover and rest from this long ordeal,” the Hernandez family said in a Facebook post on Thursday.
A number of questions still surround the teenager’s disappearance, and police are asking the public for help in the investigation. Her family said in the statement on Facebook that they cannot release any details that could jeopardize the investigation.
“During the last 9 months we have fully supported and taken direction from Law Enforcement on ways to proceed that were in the best interest of Abby’s safety and return to her family,” their statement said. “Abby being reunited with her family on Sunday is a testament to us that this process has worked and continue to believe they are acting in Abby’s best interests. As we receive more information from (police), we will share it as soon as we can.”
Prior to reuniting with her family, police said Abigail had been last seen Oct. 9 after leaving Kennett High School in Conway. Investigators said she walked her normal route toward her house and sent several texts between 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. But she never made it home.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON