The children’s father, Joseph Young, filed a negligence suit against Affordable Housing Associates of Lynn claiming the water heaters in the building were set 19 degrees above the maximum temperature allowed by law, according to the Salem News.
Also, Landon Young, 2, was discharged from the hospital Friday, while his brother Leland, 3, remains in the hospital, according to a Facebook page reporting on the children’s recovery.
The boys were burned in June when they were severely scalded by hot water in a bathtub as their babysitter, Charles Robinson Collins, 21, was caring for them. Collins’s father claims his son left the kids in the tub as he was using the bathroom in his own apartment.
Collins is facing child endangerment charges and was ordered held on $3,000 bail during a June court hearing.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON