BOSTON (CBS) – Every night on The Adam Jones Show, Jones and Rich Keefe take a break from the hard-hitting hot sports takes in a lighter segment called Game Of Jones.
On Wednesdays the guys play “Would You Rather,” in which Jones is asked either/or type questions on various topics.
Here are the questions:
1. If you are Carmelo Anthony, Would You Rather play for the Bulls, the Mavericks or the Rockets?
“I say Rockets. I think it’s a nice fit on the court, and I think the Bulls are as well. But I think Houston offers a bit more in terms of supporting cast. Derrick Rose is an injury risk. I like the Houston fit. I don’t know exactly how they were able to sell Dwight Howard, but that tells me they could sell Carmelo Anthony as well,” said Jones.
2. Would You Rather pay Avery Bradley $8 million a year for the next four years or Gordon Hayward $15 million for the next four?
“I would rather pay Avery Bradley $8 million per for the next four. I’m not as sold as Hayward as a lot of people are. I just don’t like the idea of Brad Stevens bringing in Butler guys. Like, get out of your comfort zone Brad. We don’t need Gordon Hayward here in Boston, certainly not for $15 million a pop. I think he’s a nice player, but not at that level of contract. Avery Bradley seems a little overpaid to me, but in a world where Jodie Meeks is making $6.5 I think $8 million is tolerable,” said Jones.
3. Switching over now to Fourth of July, American-related topics, Would You Rather have snakes or sparklers for fireworks?
“I’d like to see a whole bunch of snakes,” said Jones. “Sparklers I feel like I kind of liked them as a kid, but I’m over them,” said Jones.
4. If you could only eat one the rest of your life — you wouldn’t have to eat it everyday or anything like that — but if you could only have hot dogs or hamburgers the rest of your life which one Would You Rather have?
“Does a cheeseburger count as a hamburger? If so then burgers. I’m probably going to eat a lot of hot dogs on the Fourth Of July, but if I had to pick one or the other I’m going cheeseburgers no questions asked,” said Jones.
5. And as usual, the fifth and final Would You Rather question deals with women, like “Would You Rather Scarlett Johansson or Blake Lively?” etc etc. Well Rich Keefe, seeing as how it’s a Fourth of July related question, came up with the two most American women he could think of.
Would You Rather Mary Todd Lincoln or the Statue of Liberty?
“The Statue Of Liberty is a nice, tall drink of water. That’s a real leggy woman there,” said Jones.
“And let’s face it: Mary Todd Lincoln was a dog,” added Keefe. “There’s no getting around that.”
Listen below for the full discussion:
Also on Wednesday night, Zach Harper from CBS Sports came on the show to cover Celtics and NBA topics, including Avery Bradley’s new deal that pays him $8 million per year for the next four years.
What Harper thinks of Avery Bradley’s new contract:
“It’s an interesting deal. I don’t know how far he’ll be because of the injuries in past years, I don’t know if it was a panic or if they wee ahead of the market, but I’m sure a player like Lance Stephenson loves a contract like that.”
Celtics interested in Jazz forward Gordon Hayward?:
“Everyone expects the Utah Jazz to match, it’s almost not worth the effort.”
Listen below for the full discussion:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Volin: Tom Brady Doesn’t Seem Like Himself, Is More ‘Withdrawn And Quiet’ At Patriots Practices
- Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio Writes Scalding Opinion On Bill Belichick’s Head Coaching Credentials
- Senator Who Pushed For Anti-Sports Legislation Says NHL ‘In Denial’ On Concussions
- Day 2 Observations From Patriots Training Camp: Angry Brady And Bill The Teacher