PEABODY (CBS) – A local business is raising money to help a Lynn family pay medical bills for their toddler sons who were scalded in the bathtub.
Landon Young, 2, and his 3-year-old brother Leland were in the care of a babysitter who left them alone when the accident happened.
Both boys are still in the hospital.
The boys are customers at Casual Cuts on Lowell Street in Peabody. The shop is donating all of this Sunday’s sales to the family.
“This is incredible, all of these friends and family that are helping me out and supporting my family,” said the boys’ father, Joe Young.
“It’s just awesome,” he said. “From the bottom of our hearts we appreciate it.”
Young said Landon and Leland’s recovery is coming along.
“They’re doing great. They’re getting better every day,” he said. “My youngest one’s running around causing holy helter skelter for the nurses. Leland is breathing on his own now. He’s talking. He’s responsive to people.”
There was a steady stream of customers all day long at Casual Cuts. Rob Desmond brought his two boys in for a buzz cut
“We’re friends with Joe,” Desmond said. “We just felt bad for them.Theyre beautiful little boys, so we felt that anything we can do to help them.”
The shop’s owner, Scott Gadbois, said he was deeply touched by what happened to the boys and that helping out the boys was “a no-brainer.” He’s hoping the fundraiser goes a long way toward helping the family out.
“It just hurt my heart like everyone else,” he said. “When you have children like I do, and you do, when you hear something like this that happens you just have to act.”
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Al Qaeda Leader Threatens ‘Gravest Consequences’ If Boston Marathon Bomber Executed, Reports Say
- Teen Who Encouraged Boyfriend’s Suicide Can Stand Trial, Court Rules
- Fourth Of July Traffic: Friday Afternoon Is The Worst Time To Leave, AAA Says
- Farm Owners Say 7,000 Turkeys Killed In Fire Not ‘Crowded, Crammed, Abused’