BOSTON (CBS) – It was a “Buy or Sell” Monday on The Adam Jones Show’s “Game of Jones.” Play along with Adam Jones and Rich Keefe on the following topics…
1. The World Cup begins this week and the USA squares off against Ghana in their first game of group play. Buy or Sell the USMNT must beat Ghana to have any chance of advancing to the elimination round.
“You have to beat Ghana that first game. But I think people are underestimating how many points you can get against Germany, just because they may not be trying all that hard in their last game against the US,” said Jones.
“The scheduling is in their favor you’re right. But I still think they need to beat Ghana,” added Keefe.
2. The Rangers are down 3-0 in the series to Los Angeles but played well enough to win the first two games. Buy or Sell the Rangers outplaying the Kings in the first two games.
“I buy that. Especially Game 2 and for large chunks of Game 1. I think when LA wants to turn it on it’s pretty clear they can. The Rangers have been the better team on balance through the first two games, but as we’ve learned from Bruins-Canadiens, it’s not about shots and opportunities, it’s about putting the puck in the back of the net,” said Jones.
3. The air conditioner was not working in San Antonio at the AT&T Center for Game 1 of the NBA Finals. The Spurs won that game. It was working in Game 2. The Spurs lost that game. Buy or Sell the air conditioning working in Game 5.
“I sell that. San Antonio used that card way too early. Wayyy too early. What are you doing? You’re breaking that thing out in Game 1? Save that for a game that matters. Game 5, maybe Game 7 if you get there. You keep that in your back pocket, assume you don’t get swept and then break out the big guns. You can’t go back to it now. The league is going to make sure the thing is working in Game 5. They had one opportunity and they used it in Game 1,” said Jones.
4. This might be the easiest question in the history of Buy or Sell. Pete Carroll recently said that he wouldn’t have left USC had he known about the impending sanctions surrounding Reggie Bush and how they got hammered. Do you believe him?
“Sell. I don’t buy that for a second,” said Jones.
5. California Chrome owner Steve Coburn was visibly upset after his horse failed to capture the Triple Crown on Saturday at the Belmont. Coburn believes in order to race the Belmont you should have to race in at least the Kentucky Derby, and that the current system is not fair. Buy or Sell!
“Sell. I can’t believe the crying this guy has done the past couple of days before he literally cried this morning on Good Morning America. I can’t believe the sour grapes. Part of what makes the Triple Crown so great is that it doesn’t happen every year. If the Triple Crown happened every year we wouldn’t watch these things. It’s part of what draws people in,” said Jones.
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON