Falling Candle Suspected As Cause Of Dennisport Fire That Injured 13

DENNISPORT (CBS) – A candle that fell over may be the cause of a Dennisport fire that injured 13 people early Friday morning.

Dennis Fire Chief Mark Dellner said the suspected candle was in a first-floor unit of the Seabreeze Condominiums on Center Street.

Several people were jumping out of second-floor windows to escape the flames and smoke as firefighters responded to the blaze that started about 2:30 a.m.

In addition to nine residents injured in the fire, two firefighters and two police officers were taken to Cape Cod Hospital. The four first responders have all returned to work, according to Dellner.

Two of the injured residents had to be flown to Boston hospitals.

Damage from the fire was estimated to be about $2 million.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Taz Show
Download Weather App

Listen Live