How Many Games Will Team USA Win In Group Play?
BOSTON (CBS) - Thursday night means it’s time for some Role Play on The Adam Jones Show!
Here are the questions:
1. You are Clippers coach Doc Rivers. Would you regret leaving the Celtics if Kevin Love and Carmelo Anthony came to Boston?
Jones as Rivers: “Of course. Not only did I have to leave a great team, organization with all this history where I was comfortable, but I had to go to the Clippers and deal with the whole Donald Sterling situation. I knew the organization. I knew the owner. I knew there was that risk. If you told me I would have had to have one down year in Boston, then get Kevin Love and Carmelo Anthony? Yeah I would regret it.”
2. You are Spurs head coach Greg Popovich. Have you thought about what it would be like to coach the Spurs without Tim Duncan?
Jones as Popovich: “No.”
“That’s a Greg Popovich interview right there,” joked Keefe, the moderator. “I got more out of him than most.”
3. You are Team USA soccer head coach Jurgen Klinsmann. You said you have no chance to win World Cup. Give us a win-loss tally for your team in the group stage of the World Cup.
Jones as Klinsmann: “Ghana? Loss. Portugal? Loss. Germany, or ‘Deutschland’ as referred to by the native Germans, also a loss. We’re going 0-3 in the group and have no chance of winning the thing. I’m already looking ahead to 2018. We’ll lose three in a row. All three games.”
4. You are Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington. How are you going to solve your outfield problem?
Jones as Cherington: “If my team is in contention somewhere around the trade deadline maybe we look around and add from outside the organization. Maybe we part with one of our prized prospects, but I can’t do that now. We’ve been too inconsistent. I’d rather have some of our players from the minor leagues mature and help out internally. I don’t want them to help other clubs. I want them to help us.”
5. You are Flip Saunders. You are part owner and president of the Minnesota Timberwolves. You’ve just hired yourself as the head coach. Seriously?
Jones as Saunders: “What do you want me to do? No one wants the job! I’ve called up everyone in the league! I’ve talked to college coaches, retreads around the league — I asked the janitor at the Target Center and he didn’t want that responsibility. What do you want me to do? I had to move downstairs.”
Listen below, play along and leave us your answers in the comments section below!
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON