Would You Rather Have Jonathan Quick Or Henrik Lundqvist?
BOSTON (CBS) – Every night on The Adam Jones Show, Jones and Rich Keefe take a break from the hard-hitting hot sports takes in a lighter segment called Game Of Jones.
On Wednesdays the guys play “Would You Rather,” in which Jones is asked either/or type questions on various topics.
Here are the questions:
1. Would You Rather have Kings goalie Jonathan Quick or Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist for the Stanley Cup Finals?
“It’s Lundqvist. He’s playing better than Quick. Quick has had these great, phenomenal, highlight reel saves — he’s also been inconsistent. He’s given up some terrible goals in this postseason. If you’re asking me for this seven game series, Lundqvist has been the best goaltender throughout the playoffs and he’ll be the best goaltender in this series. The Rangers might not have the best team, they might not win the Stanley Cup, but I’d rather have Lundqvist for this series,” said Jones.
2.The Red Sox outfield has been historically bad this season and is drawing comparisons to the dreaded 1992 team’s outfield. Would You Rather have Bob Zupcic, Billy Hatcher and Tom Brunansky OR Jonny Gomes, Jackie Bradley and Grady Sizemore?
“Give me the ’92 outfield,” said Jones.
3. Teams around Major League Baseball are starting to call up their best prospects. Prospects are popping up all over the place. Would You Rather have Xander Bogaerts, George Springer or Oscar Taveras?
“I would rather have Bogaerts. I think the position factors in heavily. He’s been productive at a potential premium position. If he can play shortstop or even third base I think he’s the best of the three,” said Jones.
4. Would You Rather have Rajon Rondo, Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Love OR Lance Stephenson, Paul George and Roy Hibbert?
“Definitely the big three of the Celtics — the hypothetical big three of the Celtics I should say. Rondo, Anthony and Love are three top 15 players, or if you don’t wanna be generous call it three top 20 players. Stephenson and Hibbert aren’t top 20 players. They’re nice players, but they’re not Love and Rondo,” said Jones.
5. Lastly, Would You Rather Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell or Kelly Taylor from Beverly Hills 90210?
“Kapowski. No brainer,” said Jones. “Not even close.”
Listen below and play along!
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- This Week In Baseball: Winners & Losers Of The MLB Trade Deadline
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen Finally Deletes False ‘2 PSI’ Tweet, Six-And-A-Half Months Later
- Report: Pats Pay Early Bonus To Gronkowski, Will Likely Keep Him With Team Through 2019
- Inside Baseball: Red Sox Need Leader With Background In Baseball, Not Business