BOSTON (CBS) – Every night on The Adam Jones Show, Jones and Rich Keefe take a break from the hard-hitting hot sports takes in a lighter segment called Game Of Jones, where such games as Buy or Sell, Fill In The Blank, Over/Under, Role Play and True or False are trotted out for the enjoyment of the listeners.
Well the listeners have spoken, and one segment they were NOT enjoying was True or False, so the guys decided to axe it in favor of ‘Would You Rather’.
Would You Rather has been a resounding success so far, and it made another appearance Wednesday night.
Here are the questions:
1. Assuming you’re using the picks and can’t trade them away, Would You Rather have pick no. 3 in the NBA draft or picks no. 6 and 17?
“I don’t think you could trade picks no. 6 and 17 and get you the third pick. I don’t think that’s realistic. I’d rather have the ping pong balls bounce my way and lose the 17th pick. I want a shot at the top three guys. I would rather have the no. 3 pick. I want a shot at Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins,” said Jones.
2. The Red Sox have shuffled their lineup all season long, especially the leadoff spot. Would You Rather have Dustin Pedroia, Stephen Drew or Xander Bogaerts as your leadoff hitter?
“I’m gonna go Bogaerts. That’s who I would rather have in the leadoff spot. I like Pedroia hitting further down the lineup, either two or three. My ideal lineup would be Pedroia three, Ortiz four and Napoli five, and Bogaerts leading off allows you to do that.
“I don’t need to see Stephen Drew leading off. He’s not a leadoff hitter. Pedroia did it for a stretch here but you need him in the middle of the order. Sizemore got the start Wednesday night but he shouldn’t even be on the team. So by default, give Bogaerts a shot there,” said Jones.
3. The Bruins are faced with some tough offseason decisions. Would You Rather have Jarome Iginla and Brad Marchand or Marian Gaborik?
“I do want a sniper like Gaborik on that top line, but I don’t know that I wanna take away a guy that scored 30 goals (Iginla) and a guy that scored 25 (Marchand) for you last year. Gaborik has been excellent for Los Angeles in these Stanley Cup playoffs, but last year he was invisible,” said Jones.
4. Two rookie phenoms (both undrafted, by the way) have dominated Major League Baseball in 2014: pitcher Masahiro Tanaka of the Yankees and White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu. Would You Rather have Tanaka or Abreu?
“I would rather have a middle-of-the-order guy. I don’t really care where you play, I just want a big bat in the middle of the order. Give me Abreu in that scenario,” said Jones.
5. Lastly, Would You Rather Beyonce or Rihanna?
“I think Rihanna and I don’t even think it’s that close,” said Jones. “Now I gotta deal with Beyonce’s nagging sister? I don’t need that. I got Solange up my rear every time I’m not treating her the right way, not listening to her, or staring at my fantasy team too long? This is what I gotta deal with now? Solange barking at me? No thanks. Give me Rihanna any day of the week.”
“It’s clearly Rihanna. Not even a second guess. But Beyonce is probably prettier,” added Keefe.
Listen below for the full discussion:Comments (2)