BOSTON (AP) — Federal prosecutors say there’s no need for a hearing on what defense attorneys have called leaks and improper comments in the case of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
The prosecutors’ motion Friday responded to one earlier by Tsarnaev’s lawyers.
Tsarnaev awaits trial in November on 30 federal charges in last year’s bombing, which killed three people.
Prosecutors say contrary to defense assertions, there have been no leaks “whatsoever” of grand jury material, and no current or retired federal law enforcement officials have made prejudicial public comments.
Prosecutors said some of the defense complaints relate to anniversary news stories about the bombing, but none contained information not already public. Prosecutors said they can’t control private citizens or the media.
They said they are giving the defense forensic evidence reports as they are completed.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON