BOSTON (CBS) — After adding nine new players through the NFL Draft, the New England Patriots signed nine more undrafted free agents on Monday.
Included in the group are a trio of tight ends, two running backs, two linebackers, a defensive back and safety.
From the Patriots:
– Tight end Tyler Beck, 23, appeared in 49 games during his four-year career at Bowling Green and caught 25 passes for 348 yards and three touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 257-pounder caught 10 passes for 177 yards for a 17.7 yards per catch average as a senior in 2013.
– Running back Roy Finch, 22, played in 47 games with 10 starts for Oklahoma, finishing his career with 262 rushing attempts for 1,412 yards and eight touchdowns. The 5-foot-7, 167-pounder also added 58 receptions for 442 yards and two touchdowns and returned 47 kicks for 1,099 yards with one touchdown. Last season, he played in 13 games with two starts and finished with 59 rushing attempts for 347 yards and caught 12 passes for 91 yards.
– Safety Shamiel Gary, 23, played his first two college seasons at Wyoming (2009-10) before transferring to Oklahoma State and redshirting in 2011. The 6-foot, 210-pounder started every game in 2012 and 2013 at strong safety. Last season, he started all 10 regular season games in which he played and finished with 47 total tackles. As a freshman in 2009, he intercepted three passes in his first collegiate game.
– Linebacker Cameron Gordon, 22, was a four-year letter winner at Michigan, who appeared in 45 games with 15 starts at linebacker. The 6-foot-3, 237-pounder began his career as a wide receiver as a redshirt in 2009 before being moved to safety in 2010 and linebacker in 2011. Last season, he played in 12 games with two starts and finished with 38 total tackles, four sacks and one forced fumble.
– Defensive back Travis Hawkins, 23, transferred to Delaware after two seasons at Maryland. The 5-10, 195-pounder, had 66 total tackles, four interceptions and eight passes defensed last season and was named first-team all-conference in 2013.
– Running back Stephen Houston, 22, finished his college career at Indiana fourth on the school’s all-time list with 25 rushing touchdowns, sixth with 29 total touchdowns and ninth with 2,304 rushing yards. The 6-foot, 230-pounder was ninth in school history with nine 100-yard rushing games. Last season, he rushed for 753 yards on 112 attempts for 6.7-yard average and five touchdowns. He spent his first two college seasons at Independence (Kans.) Community College before transferring to Indiana in 2011.
– Tight end Justin Jones, 22, was a three-year starter and finished his career with 52 receptions for 598 yards and 12 touchdowns. The 6-foot-8, 277-pounder was not eligible to play last season. As a junior in 2012, he played in 13 games with five starts and caught 25 passes for 346 yards and three touchdowns.
– Linebacker Deontae Skinner, 23, was a three-year starter at Mississippi State. The 6-foot-2, 250-pounder first earned a starting position at linebacker as a sophomore in 2011. Last season, he played in 11 games and finished with 64 total tackles.
– Tight end Asa Watson, 23, played in 36 games for North Carolina State and caught 29 passes for 351 yards with one touchdown. The 6-foot-3, 237-pounder is the brother of former Patriots TE Ben Watson.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Lost In Wild, Eventful Patriots Loss: Gostkowski Drills Another Clutch Kick – This Time In The Snow
- Felger & Mazz Video: Patriots Will Be Better Team Because Of Loss To Broncos
- Report: Minor Knee Strain For Gronk, 1-2 Weeks To Recover
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Never Should Have Happened And Other Leftover Patriots Thoughts