BOSTON (CBS) — The Patriots traded out of the third round of the NFL Draft Friday night, acquiring a couple extra picks for Saturday.
New England sent the 93rd overall pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars, receiving a fourth (105th) and sixth (179th) round pick in exchange. The deal gives them three picks in each of the fourth and sixth round.
In true Belichick fashion, the Patriots essentially moved back 12 spots and picked up an extra selection.
New England now has seven picks on Day 3 of the draft:
Fourth round (105th)
Fourth round (130th)
Fourth round (140th)*
Sixth round (179th)
Sixth round (198th)
Sixth round (206th)
Seventh round (244th)
* compensatory pick that cannot be traded
The Patriots are essentially picking for depth, and should be able to address their needs at tight end, running back, depth on the offensive line, safety and linebacker on Saturday.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Patriots Make Just Four Picks In NFL Draft, But Address Two Key Areas On Depth Chart
- What Offensive Lineman Conor McDermott Had To Say About Being Drafted By The Patriots
- Patriots NFL Draft Day 3 Live Blog: Pats Address Their Two Biggest Areas Of Need In Draft
- Deatrich Wise Jr. Talks ‘Older Brother-Type’ Relationship With Trey Flowers