BOSTON (CBS) — The Patriots traded out of the third round of the NFL Draft Friday night, acquiring a couple extra picks for Saturday.
New England sent the 93rd overall pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars, receiving a fourth (105th) and sixth (179th) round pick in exchange. The deal gives them three picks in each of the fourth and sixth round.
In true Belichick fashion, the Patriots essentially moved back 12 spots and picked up an extra selection.
New England now has seven picks on Day 3 of the draft:
Fourth round (105th)
Fourth round (130th)
Fourth round (140th)*
Sixth round (179th)
Sixth round (198th)
Sixth round (206th)
Seventh round (244th)
* compensatory pick that cannot be traded
The Patriots are essentially picking for depth, and should be able to address their needs at tight end, running back, depth on the offensive line, safety and linebacker on Saturday.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Patriots 2018 Schedule Leaked: New England Opens With Texans, Will Host Rodgers & Packers On SNF
- New Patriot Troy Niklas Raced Across Country For Birth Of Daughter After His Free Agent Meeting
- Bill Belichick’s New Puppy Also Wears Cutoff Hoodies
- Tom Brady Would Reportedly Like To Rework Contract With Patriots, But Not A Pressing Issue