BOSTON (CBS) – Every night on The Adam Jones Show, Jones and Rich Keefe take a break from the hard-hitting hot sports takes in a lighter segment called Game Of Jones, where such games as Buy or Sell, Fill In The Blank, Over/Under, Role Play and True or False are trotted out for the enjoyment of the listeners.
Well the listeners have spoken, and one segment they were NOT enjoying was True or False, so the guys decided to axe it in favor of ‘Would You Rather…’
Would You Rather made its debut on The Adam Jones Show Wednesday night, here are the topics:
1. The NFL Draft is Thursday night, Would You Rather have Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll running your team’s draft?
“I think it’s pretty obvious, and unfortunately I think it’s Pete Carroll. I’m not saying Bill Belichick has done a bad job recently, but I think the way Pete Carroll has drafted recently — and it’s not just him, it’s [general manager] John Schneider too, but the way they’ve drafted it’s pretty hard to knock on what they’ve done,” said Jones.
2. Switching over to the NHL now, for the rest of the Bruins-Canadiens series, Would You Rather have P.K. Subban or Zdeno Chara? Not talking about careers or anything like that, just talking about the rest of this series. Who’d you rather have in Game 4 on?
“That’s tough because Subban has been unreal, and I would take Subban over every other defenseman on the Bruins — including even Dennis Seidenberg when he’s healthy. But I would not take him over Zdeno Chara. I wouldn’t. Chara is a much more balanced two-way player. Subban has been excellent, but he’s more of a specialist,” said Jones.
3. The Red Sox just finished a two-game interleague series with the Cincinnati Reds. Looking at the right side of the infield, Would You Rather have Dustin Pedroia and Mike Napoli or Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto?
“I’m gonna go with the Reds first base/second base combination. From everything I’ve read Phillips might be done. He’s had a terrible start to this season. But Joey Votto is an MVP candidate. I love Pedroia at second base, but you could certainly upgrade Napoli. In his hey-day I’m not sure how much of a drop off Phillips is to Pedroia,” said Jones.
4. There’s a handful of coaching vacancies in the NBA, Would You Rather have Mark Jackson or Steve Kerr leading your team?
“I’m gonna go with Kerr. I know there’s no real track record there, but the more you read about Jackson the less he actually did for that team. He ruffled feathers within the organization, the players liked him, he was successful, but I’m gonna go with Kerr because it doesn’t seem like he’d ruffle feathers. I’m gonna go with the unknown in Kerr. With Jackson it was more about his assistants and them doing the x’s and o’s,” said Jones.
“All these people are immediately reacting with, ‘Oh they’re firing their head coach! He had 50+ wins!’ — well there’s more to the story here. Even though some of the players liked him, apparently he’s a head case,” added Rich Keefe.
5. Last question — no real wrong answer here — Would You Rather Scarlett Johansson or Blake Lively?
Listen below for the full discussion!
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON