BOSTON (CBS) – If your life goal is to visit every brewery and brewpub in Massachusetts, there’s good news.
The state of Massachusetts’ Department of Agricultural Resources and the Massachusetts Brewers Guild is officially rolling out a Brewers Passport for the newly created Massachusetts Craft Brewers Trail.
You can print out the Brewers Passport and bring it to each brewery, where you get it stamped.
Local beer aside, there are prizes involved. Complete one region and get a “Drink Local” T-shirt. Finish all five and get a commemorative glass.
The trail and passport were (sort of quietly) unveiled back in March, but the regional launch parties are scheduled for May 9, the weekend before American Craft Beer Week.
– South Region – Mayflower Brewing Company, 12 Resnik Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360
– North Shore Region – Newburyport Brewing Company, 4 New Pasture Rd, Newburyport, MA 01950
– Greater Boston Region – Harpoon Brewery, 306 Northern Ave, Boston, MA 02210
– MetroWest Region – Wormtown Brewery, 455 Park Ave, Worcester, MA 01610
– Western Region – Berkshire Brewing Company, 5 Boulder Pkwy, Oxford, MA 01540
The Massachusetts Craft Brewers Trail includes more than 60 breweries and brew pubs across the state.
Many of them use locally grown and malted grains, fresh hops, and indigenous yeast strains as well as other specialty ingredients like apples, blueberries, herbs, honey, maple syrup, pumpkin, cranberries, peaches and oysters.
Passports are available at all the participating Massachusetts Breweries as well as at www.massbrewersguild.com.
MORE CRAFT BEER NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON