BOSTON (CBS) — With a full five-hour show on Tuesday night, Adam Jones had plenty of time to play a little Over/Under on Game of Jones.
In this edition, Jones and Rich Keefe go Over/Under with the following topics:
– Number of points in Bruins-Canadiens series for David Krejci: 5
Krejci is often the Bruins’ leading scorer (and often the NHL’s as well) during the postseason, but had just two points in Boston’s five-game series against the Detroit Red Wings.
“I will go over,” said Jones. “Part of my feeling is it will be a longer series, six or seven games, so there is more of an opportunity for him to get going. I really dont feel like he was far off at the end of the Detroit series.”
“The last two times the Bruins have made a deep run (Krejci) was the leading scorer in the NHL, so I feel like he’ll be doing that again. If not the leading scorer he’ll at least begin to pile up points for the Bruins in short order, so I think he’ll be over five in the series against Montreal,” said Jones.
– Number of points in series for Montreal’s Thomas Vanek: 5
Thomas Vanek was a Bruins-killer as a member of the Buffalo Sabres, and has 30 goals and 32 assists against the B’s in 55 career games.
“I’m going to say under. I know they’ve had a lot of trouble solving him, but my feeling is if they can’t figure him out they won’t be advancing — and I think they will. So I think they’ll do a good job limiting him and slowing him down,” said Jones. “I think back to the Eastern Conference Finals last year; if the Bruins can figure out a way to take Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in a series they should be able to do it with Vanek.
– Number of games played by Dennis Seidenberg this postseason: 0.5
The injured B’s defenseman has not been cleared for contact, but returned to practice on Tuesday.
“I’m going over. A big part of that assumption is the Bruins advance, but it’s sounding more and more to me that, if he is back in practicing… maybe by the Eastern Conference Finals he will be ready to go,” said Jones. “I think the Bruins beat Montreal, the Eastern Conference Finals will drag out and I think he’s back at some point.”
– Number of losses by the Miami Heat this postseason: 4.5
The Heat swept the Charlotte Bobcats in the first round, and don’t have much competition in the Eastern Conference.
– Number of quarterbacks drafted in first round of NFL Draft: 3.5
There’s been a lot of talk about quarterbacks going into next week’s draft, but how man will be taken on the first day?
MORE SPORTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Extends Hit Streak To 28 Games As Red Sox Cruise Past Rockies
- Kalman: Signing Kevan Miller Was Wrong Move At Wrong Time For Bruins
- Roger Goodell Claims To Have Not Seen OTL Report, Congressional Investigation Into NFL’s Interference With Concussion Study
- Kalman: Bruins’ New Assistants Specialize In Grooming Youth, Constructive Criticism