Hanging Power Line Electrocutes College Groundskeeper Near Keene State In NH
KEENE, N.H. (CBS) – A man was killed Saturday in Keene, N.H., when he was electrocuted by a hanging power line.
The Keene Fire Department said it responded to a call just before 2:30 Saturday afternoon for a possible electrocution next to the Keene State College Athletic Complex on Krif Road.
When firefighters arrived they found a person down close to a high voltage line as well as a brush fire.
Once crews were able to safely reach the man they discovered he had died.
The Keene Sentinel reported that the victim was Nate DeMond, 46, of Fitzwilliam, a groundskeeper at Keene State.
Family members told the Sentinel that Demond was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live, hanging wire near the college’s stadium.
No further information was available on the incident.
The Keene police and fire departments were investigating along with the New Hampshire medical examiner and fire marshal.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON