What Should The Defensive Pairings Be For Game 1?
BOSTON (CBS) – Thursday night means it’s time for some Role Play on The Adam Jones Show!
Here are the questions:
1. You are Bruins head coach Claude Julien. Claude, you’ve been pretty quiet when it comes to your playoff defensive pairings — what will the d-pairings be for Game 1 against the Red Wings?
Jones as Claude: “We’re gonna go with Zdeno Chara on our top pairing with Dougie Hamilton. Matt Bartkowski is gonna be ready to go, it’s gonna be him and Johnny Boychuk on that second pair and then Torey Krug and Kevan Miller on that last pairing. Maybe Andrej Meszaros will get in there this series if somebody struggles, but we’re going with the guys that were with us in the playoffs last year — most of them were there.”
2. You are Celtics general manager Danny Ainge. You’re double dipping here on the Sports Hub. You were with Toucher & Rich earlier today, now you’re on with us tonight. I only got one question for you: do you want Avery Bradley back?
Jones as Ainge: “At the right price. I don’t want to extend myself beyond $7 million per year. If I can get him at less than $7 mil. for three, four or five years I’m in. If we start getting into Jeff Green territory ($10 million) I’m trading him away. He’s an asset. We can trade him in a sign-and-trade.”
3. You are free agent shortstop Stephen Drew. What would it take for you to fire your agent Scott Boras?
Jones as Drew: “You know, us Drews aren’t really known for our fire. We’re not really known for our passion for the game. I’ve held out before as a collegiate player and minor leaguer. I’ve picked and choosed. I’ve put my faith in Scott Boras before, why give up now? At this point we might as well try and get the deal. If it doesn’t come until June, oh well.”
4. You are NBA commissioner Adam Silver. This will be your first draft as the NBA commissioner. You’ve done a great job in the second round before as a crowd favorite. David Stern’s first draft as commissioner involved Patrick Ewing going to the Knicks. We know you can’t say, but secretly, who do you want to get the #1 pick?
Jones as Silver: “All I’m gonna say is the league is at its best when you have a team like the Lakers in the mix. We want the Lakers to have the #1 first overall pick. Celtics would be nice, don’t get me wrong. I want the Celtics in the mix. But don’t give me the Jazz, or the 76ers with the way they tanked and made a mockery this year.”
5. You are an unnamed NBC executive. You’re high up at NBC. For ratings purposes, what is your dream NHL Finals matchup?
Jones as NBC Exec: “It might sound a little lame, but I’m gonna go with the same matchup we saw last year. Two big hockey markets. Two competitive teams. Hockey fans around the country are familiar with the teams and the names. They’ve both won recently. You get the storyline of a rematch, which would be great, plus the dynasty talk because Chicago is going for three Cups in five years.”
Listen below for Jones’ full answers and leave us yours in the comments section below:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON