BOSTON (CBS) – Today marks the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings, and while there’s plenty to discuss around the Boston sports world like the Red Sox slow start, the Bruins playoff matchup, and both the Patriots and Celtics upcoming draft, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak felt it’d be best to put the sports talk aside and look back on that fateful day with some perspective.
Listen to Gresh & Zo’s take below:
Writer Andy Hart of Patriots Football Weekly ran the marathon last year, and he’s going to run it again on Monday. Hart joined Gresh & Zo Tuesday to share his very unique marathon story.
Listen to Andy Hart’s story below:
Dan Shaughnessy appeared in studio from 11am – 1pm, and upon coming in he discusses what makes this tragedy so different than others. Everybody knows somebody — whether a survivor, first responder, etc — that was involved, so the bombings hit much closer to home.
Listen to Dan’s take below:
WBZ anchor Lisa Hughes was at the finish line for last year’s marathon during a live broadcast, so she witnessed first hand the mayhem and carnage, but also the human spirit.
Listen below to Hughes:
Lastly, Bruins play-by-play man Dave Goucher pays tribute to the four people who lost their lives during last year’s marathon bombings, offers praise to the heroes and explains how the Bruins created a diversion for a grieving city.
Listen below to Goucher:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Keidel: Refs Cost Lions A Win Over Falcons
- Marcus Smart Is Skinny Now, But Says His Strength Will Never Be Lost
- Former Patriot Matt Light Rips Kraft, McCourty For National Anthem Kneeling
- Bill Belichick Releases Statement On Anthem Protests: ‘Immense Respect And Admiration For Our Players’
- Deep Looks: How The Otherwise-Bad Patriots Defense Made Brady’s Comeback Possible
- Jaylen Brown Wants Celtics To Protest President Trump’s Comments As A Team
- Cavaliers Expect To Have Isaiah Thomas Back By January
- Brandin Cooks Goes Superhuman And Other Leftover Patriots Thoughts