BOSTON (CBS) – Today marks the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings, and while there’s plenty to discuss around the Boston sports world like the Red Sox slow start, the Bruins playoff matchup, and both the Patriots and Celtics upcoming draft, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak felt it’d be best to put the sports talk aside and look back on that fateful day with some perspective.
Listen to Gresh & Zo’s take below:
Writer Andy Hart of Patriots Football Weekly ran the marathon last year, and he’s going to run it again on Monday. Hart joined Gresh & Zo Tuesday to share his very unique marathon story.
Listen to Andy Hart’s story below:
Dan Shaughnessy appeared in studio from 11am – 1pm, and upon coming in he discusses what makes this tragedy so different than others. Everybody knows somebody — whether a survivor, first responder, etc — that was involved, so the bombings hit much closer to home.
Listen to Dan’s take below:
WBZ anchor Lisa Hughes was at the finish line for last year’s marathon during a live broadcast, so she witnessed first hand the mayhem and carnage, but also the human spirit.
Listen below to Hughes:
Lastly, Bruins play-by-play man Dave Goucher pays tribute to the four people who lost their lives during last year’s marathon bombings, offers praise to the heroes and explains how the Bruins created a diversion for a grieving city.
Listen below to Goucher:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Red Sox Exercise 2018 Option On Manager John Farrell’s Contract
- 16 Victories That Define Tom Brady’s Career
- Patriots Need Raiders To Slip Up For Chance At Home-Field Advantage
- Keidel: Are These Chiefs For Real?
- Belichick Pleased With ‘Couple Good Weeks’ For Jabaal Sheard And Other Notable Conference Call Quotes
- Chara ‘Probable’ To Return For Bruins Against Panthers
- New England Patriots Team Grades: Tom Brady Breaks Records As Rams Get Trounced
- Brady’s Excellence, Fisher’s Ineptitude On Display And Other Leftover Patriots Thoughts