BOSTON (CBS) – Today marks the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings, and while there’s plenty to discuss around the Boston sports world like the Red Sox slow start, the Bruins playoff matchup, and both the Patriots and Celtics upcoming draft, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak felt it’d be best to put the sports talk aside and look back on that fateful day with some perspective.
Listen to Gresh & Zo’s take below:
Writer Andy Hart of Patriots Football Weekly ran the marathon last year, and he’s going to run it again on Monday. Hart joined Gresh & Zo Tuesday to share his very unique marathon story.
Listen to Andy Hart’s story below:
Dan Shaughnessy appeared in studio from 11am – 1pm, and upon coming in he discusses what makes this tragedy so different than others. Everybody knows somebody — whether a survivor, first responder, etc — that was involved, so the bombings hit much closer to home.
Listen to Dan’s take below:
WBZ anchor Lisa Hughes was at the finish line for last year’s marathon during a live broadcast, so she witnessed first hand the mayhem and carnage, but also the human spirit.
Listen below to Hughes:
Lastly, Bruins play-by-play man Dave Goucher pays tribute to the four people who lost their lives during last year’s marathon bombings, offers praise to the heroes and explains how the Bruins created a diversion for a grieving city.
Listen below to Goucher:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Hurley: Four Real Reasons Why NFL Banned Leaping Over Line To Block Kicks
- Falcons GM Dimitroff Calls For Overtime Changes, Sounds Like Sore Loser
- Celtics ‘Chasing Something Bigger’ Than First Place
- Twitter Celebrates March 28 With Falcons’ Blown Lead In Super Bowl LI
- NFL Approves Rule For Ejections On Head Hits, Ban On Leaping Line To Block Kicks
- NHL Scoreboard Watching For Bruins Fans: March 28 Edition
- Ex-Patriot Chris Long Lands With Eagles
- Tuukka Rask Will Start For Bruins Vs. Predators