Fire Department: Winds Rekindle Embers, Cause Pembroke House Fire
PEMBROKE (CBS) — Embers from a controlled brush fire Sunday sparked a house fire, Monday afternoon.
When firefighters arrived on Phillips Road, they found flames shooting from the rear of number 91 and the backyard on fire.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports
Deputy Fire Chief Mike Hill said gusty winds rekindled Sunday’s fire.
“It fueled the fire greatly, it pushed it along quicker than we had people to catch it,” Hill said.
Fire crews from area communities were called in to help battle the blaze, which left the home with $200,000 of damage.
The family was not home at the time. The family’s dog did get out safely.