BOSTON (CBS) – If you were to take the pulse of fans in Patriot Nation right now one word and one word only could sum it up: frustration.
Maybe Tony Massarotti put it best:
Finding the Boston sports landscape very frustrating right now. Can't convince the Celtics to lose and can't convince the Patriots to win.—
Tony Massarotti (@TonyMassarotti) March 12, 2014
In 2013 the AFC went through Denver and it’s shaping up to be the same in 2014.
John Elway and the Denver Broncos are spending money like drunken sailors, but will it come back to bite them?
No, no it won’t.
Because the cap is crap, according to 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Felger & Massarotti program.
“The Broncos are heading for a steep decline,” joked Marc Bertrand. “I don’t know if you heard that but they’re heading for a steep decline. They may win a Super Bowl, but just wait until it falls apart!”
Between the aforementioned Ward, Talib and Ware, the Broncos have committed $60 million in guaranteed money to those three players – but will they eventually have to pay the piper?
Beetle isn’t convinced of that.
“Their bigger issue is losing their quarterback, not cap jail. The issue is you could lose your quarterback and not be good, not because you have guys who are overpaid.”
“Talib got paid. Yes he did. But do people forget where the cap is going, allegedly, in the next three years? From 2013-2016 the cap is going to go up almost $40 million! All the Broncos really did is take a portion of that 40 and give it to Talib without touching the rest of their roster,” Mazz said Wednesday afternoon.
Mazz is still holding out hope the Patriots sign Darrelle Revis.
“If the Patriots get Darrelle Revis I will invite Bill Belichick in studio and kiss him on that little nose of his.”
Listen below for the full discussion:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- The Best Of Adolfo Makes The Call; Listeners Say Their Goodbyes
- Three NFL Owners ‘Disappointed’ With Robert Kraft, Though They Make Little Logical Sense
- Who Really Ended Jackie Bradley Jr.’s Hitting Streak?
- Massarotti: Time To Move Buchholz To Bullpen & Other Red Sox Thoughts
- Roger Goodell Pens Letter Committing To Full $30 Million For NIH Concussion Studies
- Has Clay Buchholz Made His Last Start For Red Sox?
- Bradley’s 29-Game Hit Streak Ends, Bogaerts’ Still Alive
- Buchholz, Red Sox Lose To Colorado Rockies