Game Of Jones ‘Buy Or Sell’: Celtics Will Finish Season With A Bottom 5 Record
BOSTON (CBS) – It was a “Buy or Sell” Monday on The Adam Jones Show’s “Game of Jones.” Play along with Adam Jones and Rich Keefe on the following topics…
– Andrej Meszaros had a good outing in his Bruins debut Sunday against Florida. Buy or Sell him starting in Game 1 of the NHL playoffs.
“I’m gonna sell that for now,” said Jones. “I think the Bruins should look at it, and they did, but I mean c’mon it was the Florida Panthers. Let’s not go overboard for one game.”
– The Celtics go for three wins in a row as they travel to Indiana to face the Pacers Tuesday night. At 22-41 they’re currently tied for the sixth worst record in basketball. Buy or Sell the Celtics finishing the season with one of the five worst records in the NBA.
“I buy that. A couple of wins and all the standings fluctuate, but push comes to shove the Celtics will finish in the top five in the lottery. I don’t know if the ping pong balls will bounce their way, maybe they get screwed again, but I think they’ll have one of the five worst records in the league,” said Jones.
– Free agency begins Tuesday at 4pm, and one player that’s primed to hit the market is cornerback Aqib Talib. Buy or Sell Talib cashing in on the richest free agent deal for his position.
“I sell that. ‘Richest’ can be interpreted many different ways, but in terms of guaranteed money [Alterraun Verner] is the guy at the top of my list. He’s in his mid-20’s, so that’s the guy that gets the most money on the market guaranteed, plus the longest deal,” said Adam Jones. “Outside of Darrelle Revis or a pipe dream like that, that’s the guy I want if the Patriots can’t sign Aqib Talib.”
– Harvard punched their ticket to the NCAA tournament after winning the Ivy League. Buy or Sell Harvard winning one game in the tourney.
“It’s hard to say without knowing the actual matchups, but knowing that they’ve won games in the past I’ll buy the idea that they can win this sort of game. They’ve been through the ringer before, and crazier things have happened in March.”
– Kansas center Joel Embiid is having back problems and he’s having that looked at. His status for the Big 12 tournament is unknown at this point. Buy or Sell drafting Embiid with one of the top three picks in this year’s draft.
“I still buy the idea he’s a top three pick. Nerlens Noel (knee) went high in last year’s draft and they knew he wasn’t going to play at all this year. I wouldn’t take him over Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker, but if it’s between Embiid and a foreign point guard like Dante Exum, I just think the risks are less with Embiid even with the medical red flags,” Jones concluded.
Listen below for the full discussion and leave us your answers in the comments section:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Kalman: Healthy, Dominant Chara Should Aid Bruins’ Search For Consistency
- This Week In Golf: Jason Day Runs Away With The Barclays
- Hurley: Still No Reason For Brady To Lose Case Against Goodell, NFL
- Bill Belichick Talks Transition From Talib To Revis In New ‘Do Your Job’ Video
- Judge Berman’s DeflateGate Ruling Expected Tuesday Or Wednesday After Sides Fail To Reach Settlement
- Tom Brady Sketch Artist Gets Second Chance In Court
- Celtics Trade Value Power Rankings: The Untradables?
- Addazio: ‘Exciting Times At Boston College’