NEW BEDFORD (CBS) – Two people were seriously injured in an early morning fire in New Bedford that may have been sparked by a cigarette.
Flames broke out on the second floor of the home on Dartmouth Street.
Fire officials say a 9-year-old boy who was inside the home heard the smoke alarms and called 911 to report the fire. That boy and his father both managed to escape.
But the child’s mother and older brother found themselves trapped in the fire.
“My brother and mom are stuck in the room,” the 9-year-old can be heard saying in the 911 call.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reportsComments