BOSTON (CBS) – There was an Olympic feel to the TD Garden prior to the Bruins game against the Florida Panthers on Tuesday night.
The Bruins honored 10 New England native Olympians who medaled in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi:
– Snowboard Cross bronze medalist Alex Deibold (Manchester, VT)
– Team Figure Skating bronze medalists Marissa Castelli (Cranston, RI) and Simon Shnapir (Sudbury, MA)
– Bobsled double-bronze medalist Steve Langton (Melrose, MA)
– Team USA Women’s Hockey silver medalists Kacey Bellamy (Westfield, MA), Alex Carpenter (Boston College), Meghan Duggan (Danvers, MA), Michelle Picard (Harvard University), Molly Schaus (Natick, MA), and Kelli Stack (Boston College).
The honorees participated in the ceremonial puck drop prior to Boston’s 4-1 win over the Panthers.
Interestingly enough, Marie-Philip Poulin, the Boston University captain who scored the game-tying and game-winning goals for the Canadian Women’s Hockey team against the U.S. in the gold medal game, was not part of the pregame ceremonies.
Three Bruins players also earned medals on their trip to Sochi: Patrice Bergeron (gold), Loui Eriksson (silver) and Tuukka Rask (bronze). Their medals were on display at the TD Garden during Saturday afternoon’s loss to the Washington Capitals.
MORE SPORTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Kalman: Scheming Sweeney Should Stay Away From Shattenkirk, Consider Selling Off Spare Parts
- Celtics @ 7: Was Standing Pat The Right Move At Trade Deadline?
- Sanu Says Lady Gaga’s Halftime Show Impacted Falcons In Super Bowl Versus Patriots
- Worcester Academy Senior Becomes Youngest To Win NASCAR Race At Daytona Speedway