BOSTON (CBS) – First lieutenant Eric Wilson of the Rhode Island Army National Guard is a big fan of 98.5 The Sports Hub and the Felger & Massarotti program.
While stationed in Kabul on his second tour, Wilson decided to do something special for his favorite radio program.
Wilson got an American flag and flew it outside the outpost where he was stationed at in honor of the show. The item was then signed by his camp sergeant major and camp commander and mailed to the station last year.
“To certify that on February 3, 2013 in Kabul Province, Afghanistan this flag was flown on a special operations combat outpost by first lieutenant Eric Wilson in honor of Mad Mike, Squeaky Mazz, Beetle, sweater vests everywhere, the entire 98.5 community including the bums on the morning show. This flag symbolizes the sovereign power of the United States of America and the unshakeable resolve of the men and women of the special operations command in their quest to defeat terrorism and those that threaten the safety and the well being of the American people.”
The Coventry, Rhode Island native presented the guys with the special gift Tuesday afternoon.
“Quite easily the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for us on this program,” said Mazz.
Listen below to hear the guys express their gratitude for his service:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Robb: Under The Radar Celtics Free Agent Targets
- Roger Goodell Reportedly Made $32 Million From NFL In 2015
- Claude Julien Wants ‘Quicker’ Bruins With Better ‘Mind-Set’ Next Season
- Bruins Sign Torey Krug To Four-Year Extension
- Keidel: Nats And Mets Going In Opposite Directions
- Were Bruins Looking For Do-Overs For Rinaldo, Stempniak On Draft Weekend?
- Bruins Buy Out Veteran Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg