BOSTON (CBS) – First lieutenant Eric Wilson of the Rhode Island Army National Guard is a big fan of 98.5 The Sports Hub and the Felger & Massarotti program.
While stationed in Kabul on his second tour, Wilson decided to do something special for his favorite radio program.
Wilson got an American flag and flew it outside the outpost where he was stationed at in honor of the show. The item was then signed by his camp sergeant major and camp commander and mailed to the station last year.
“To certify that on February 3, 2013 in Kabul Province, Afghanistan this flag was flown on a special operations combat outpost by first lieutenant Eric Wilson in honor of Mad Mike, Squeaky Mazz, Beetle, sweater vests everywhere, the entire 98.5 community including the bums on the morning show. This flag symbolizes the sovereign power of the United States of America and the unshakeable resolve of the men and women of the special operations command in their quest to defeat terrorism and those that threaten the safety and the well being of the American people.”
The Coventry, Rhode Island native presented the guys with the special gift Tuesday afternoon.
“Quite easily the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for us on this program,” said Mazz.
Listen below to hear the guys express their gratitude for his service:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Bruins Beat Wild Without Injured Patrice Bergeron
- Patrice Bergeron Out Of Bruins Lineup Versus Minnesota
- Celtics Reportedly Had ‘Preliminary Discussions’ About Blockbuster Kevin Love Deal
- Report: Celtics Aren’t Interested In Dwight Howard
- Patrice Bergeron Questionable For Bruins On Saturday Vs. Wild
- NBA Western Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- Terrell Owens Situation Making Pro Football Hall Of Fame Voters Look Just As Bad As Baseball’s