NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2

Local

NH Officials Identify 3 Killed By CO

View Comments
Three people died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Plaistow, NH. (Photo courtesy Michael Rosenfield)

Three people died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Plaistow, NH. (Photo courtesy Michael Rosenfield)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

PLAISTOW, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire fire officials have identified three people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after a malfunction in a propane-fired furnace.

Fire Marshal J. William Degnan says the investigation into the deaths in Plaistow continues. Four people were discovered in a house about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday when firefighters were asked to check on them.

Three people died. They were identified Thursday as 32-year-old Kirk Walsh, 47-year-old Maryanne Comparato and 28-year-old John Adams Jr. A fourth victim was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital. His name and condition were not released.

Degnan says the home had a carbon monoxide detector but it didn’t have batteries.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,987 other followers