PLAISTOW, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire fire officials have identified three people who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after a malfunction in a propane-fired furnace.
Fire Marshal J. William Degnan says the investigation into the deaths in Plaistow continues. Four people were discovered in a house about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday when firefighters were asked to check on them.
Three people died. They were identified Thursday as 32-year-old Kirk Walsh, 47-year-old Maryanne Comparato and 28-year-old John Adams Jr. A fourth victim was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital. His name and condition were not released.
Degnan says the home had a carbon monoxide detector but it didn’t have batteries.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON