BOSTON (CBS) – The Boston Bruins beat the Vancouver Canucks 3-1 at the TD Garden on Tuesday night, their sixth win in their last seven games.
98.5 The Sports Hub’s Adam Jones broke it all down following the game, with all the pluses and minuses from the win:
1. Boston’s top line produces: Just over 5 minutes into the game, Milan Lucic lit the lamp with a one-timer from Jarome Iginla. Iginla also added a power play goal in the second, giving both he and Lucic a goal and an assist on the night. For Iginla, it was his 600th career helper.
2. Big night for Daniel Paille: Had a beautiful breakaway goal in the third to give Boston a 3-1 lead just moments after a disallowed goal off the stick of Brad Marchand. He got a lovely feed from Johnny Boychuk in the defensive zone, and Paille beat Roberto Luongo 5-hole for his eighth goal of the season.
3. Tuukka Rask: The Boston netminder made 27 saves on the evening, including a key save against Daniel Sedin on a shorthanded bid.
1. Disallowed Goal for Marchand in 2nd Period: Would have put Bruins up 3-1 shortly after Vancouver’s only goal, but Marchand’s tally was disallowed because defenseman Torey Krug made contact with Luongo.
2. Rask had clean look at Canucks’ only goal: Raphael Diaz’s shot knuckled a bit, but there was no one in front of the net and Rask had a great look at the shot.
3. Chara will now miss the next two: The B’s captain is heading to Sochi to hold the flag for Slovakia in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies, leaving Boston a bit shorthanded on the blue line. Boychuk and Matt Bartkowski will likely be their top defensive pairing in the final two games before the Olympic break.Comments (2)