NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2
BOSTON MARATHON: LIVE MONDAY ON CBSBOSTON.COM, WBZ-TV & WBZ NEWSRADIO Read More

Local

Report: 7-Year-Old Saves Grandmother After Dog Sets Mobile Home On Fire

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HUDSON, NH (CBS) – A 7-year-old boy is being credited with helping save his elderly grandmother from a fire that was sparked by a family dog.

According to The Union Leader, Paul Carter, Jr. woke up just before 7 a.m. on Friday to find the kitchen of the family’s mobile home on fire.

Investigators reportedly believe that one of the family’s dogs had jumped up on the stove and accidentally turned on a burner, causing the fire.

Carter proceeded to wake up his grandmother and helped her to safety.

There were no working smoke detectors in the home, which is at Kimball Hill Estates in Hudson, New Hampshire. Officials say if Carter hadn’t spotted the flames, the situation could have been tragic.

“They were just barely able to escape,” Deputy Fire Chief John O’Brien told The Union Leader.

One of the family dogs was reportedly killed in the fire. Two others were able to escape.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus