BOSTON (CBS) – It wasn’t pretty Thursday night at the Garden, as the Montreal Canadiens handed the Boston Bruins a disappointing 4-1 loss.
98.5 The Sports Hub’s Adam Jones broke it all down after the game, going over the pluses and minuses of the big division loss.
1. Dougie Hamilton’s first period goal: It was a big goal of the time to cut Montreal’s lead to 2-1, but the B’s couldn’t carry any momentum from it. It was good to see Hamilton getting back on track though after his recent struggles since returning from a concussion.
2. David Krejci: He was screening in front for Hamilton’s goal, and was the only Bruins to finish on the positive side in plus/minus(+1). He was also 11-for-17 at the face-off circle.
1. Tuukka Rask: He was pulled early, a move that surprised many. Rask is now 2-10-2 in his career against Montreal with a 2.88 goals against average — the highest against any opponent he’s faced 10 or more times.
2. Brad Marchand: The winger was whistled for three penalties, including two roughing penalties in the second period which led to Brian Gionta’s goal to make it 3-1 Habs. Marchand was basically invisible, with no shots on net and a giveaway in 17 minutes.
3. Second Period Woes Continue: The Bruins entered the second period down 2-1, but went into the locker room down 4-1.
4. Daniel Paille’s Giveaway In The First: Turned a 1-0 deficit into a 2-0 deficit in the first quarter.