BOSTON (CBS) – Mike Florio of NBC’s Pro Football Talk, the man dubbed “The Godfather of Football Gossip” by Michael Felger, stopped by the 98.5 spot on Radio Row to talk to Tony and Mike this afternoon. While they touched on a medley of football topics, rule changes were the most prevalent in their discussion.
Florio said that he believes Goodell’s new playoff proposal will be approved in March, and then implemented for the 2015 season. This proposed scenario adds a third wild card team to each conference, resulting in two more games on Wild Card Weekend. In this scenario, the (8-8) Pittsburgh Steelers would have found themselves in the playoffs this season with the last seed in the AFC.
He went on to say that he believes changes to official reviews are coming, that would mirror the model the NHL uses. In professional hockey, there is a league official watching all of the night’s games from a central “situation room,” and all reviews go through this official rather than the on-ice referee. This would eliminate the “going under the hood” aspect, and ultimately speed games up.
In regards to an extra point adjustment, he believes that change is still a couple years away.
Listen for the full interview below:
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- J.B. Smoove Reveals Never-Aired SNL Skit Written For Tom Brady
- Report: NFL To Interview Players Named In Al-Jazeera Report … Except For Peyton Manning
- Rob Gronkowski Peppers James Corden With Footballs On ‘The Late Late Show’
- Tom Brady Posts Prophetic Essay From High School, Shows Why He Is The GOAT [PHOTO]
- Patriots Announce Dates, Times Of 2016 Training Camp Opening Week At Gillette Stadium