BOSTON (CBS) – It was a scoring bonanza for the Bruins tonight in Uniondale as the B’s got their first win over the season over the New York Islanders by the final of 6-3.
Adam Jones came on the air afterwards and gave his three best and three worst takeaways following the win in a segment we call “Plus/Minus.”
– The Patrice Bergeron line contributed 3 goals, 6 assists and 9 points tonight, which makes 30 points in their last 6 games – Brad Marchand alone has 12 points in his last 6 games.
– Loui Erikkson grabbed his first goal since returning from a concussion early in the first period.
– Carl Soderberg’s “beautiful goal” in the final minute of the second period proved to be the game winner.
– Gregory Campbell’s sloppy turnover in the Bruins end led to a delayed penalty by Jordan Caron, and ultimately the game-tying 2-2 goal midway through the second period by Michael Grabner.
– Dougie Hamilton couldn’t corral a loose puck towards the latter fourth of the second period and it led to a rush by Kyle Okposo and Michael Grabner and a game-tying 3-3 goal.
– Lastly, the Bruins had some faceoff issues against the Isles; they were dominated handily by a 43-27 margin in that category.
Listen below for the full discussion: