BOSTON (CBS) – 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Adam Jones looks back on the Bruins’ 4-2 loss in Buffalo, and highlights the three best and three worst storylines in Plus/Minus:
-The only positive that came out of the frustrating loss were Brad Marchand’s two goals. They came 1:14 apart from each other and turned a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 lead. Marchand’s first goal was his second shorthander of the season, and his second was a pretty one-timer from Patrice Bergeron.
– Peter Chiarelli came out and defended Marchand before the game, telling the media he was not trading the forward and that he likes the way he plays.
Listen: Cam Neely On Felger & Mazz
– The Sabres for scratching John Scott — the guy who knocked out Loui Eriksson earlier in the season.
– Chad Johnson did not look good in the third period, stopping just three of the five shots that came his way. He finished the night with just 19 saves on 23 shots.
– A Johnny Boychuk turnover led to Buffalo’s first goal while Boston was on a first period power play. Overall, the Bruins were 0-for-2 with the man advantage.
– The Bruins were flat to start the game, and had a poor first 20 minutes.