Jones’ 3-Point Play: Sullinger Leads Way For Celtics Over Love, Wolves
Celtics CentralShop for Celtics Gear
Buy Celtics Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – Adam Jones came on the air following an impressive home win for the Celtics.
The hometown team downed Kevin Love and the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-97 on Monday night with forward Jared Sullinger leading the way. Sully scored 15 of his team-high 24 points in the fourth quarter.
With the win, the Celtics improved to 12-14 and increased their lead in the Atlantic Division. But with Deron Williams back from injury, the Brooklyn Nets have won 3 of 4 and look like they are starting to right the ship.
The Celtics are off until Wednesday where they’ll take on the Detroit Pistons at the TD Garden, but before looking ahead Adam Jones closes the book on tonight’s game and provides the three main storylines for this basketball team in “The 3-Point Play.”
1. The continued strong play of Jared Sullinger
- Another double/double for the second year forward
- 24 points and 11 rebounds
- Clutch free throws (4 of 6) late in the game
- His 3-pointer broke a 92-92 tie with 2:21 left to go in the fourth quarter
2. Rajon Rondo is back practicing with the team and targeting an early January return
3. It’s worth monitoring the trade rumors involving Rockets big man Omer Asik. The talks appear to be heating up and Houston wants to trade him by next week.
Listen below for Jones and Keefe’s full postgame analysis:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON