BOSTON (CBS) – Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak go around the NFL to talk about the biggest moments of Week 15, starting with the (stop me if you’ve heard this one before) epic Tony Romo/Dallas Cowboys choke job.
– Up by a score of 26-3 heading into halftime, the Cowboys home game against the Green Bay Packers was shaping up to be a big win for the playoff-hopeful Dallas team. The Packers started to close ground late in the game and scored 20 points in the final period to win 37-36. After the game, head coach Jason Garrett put his quarterback on blast for checking to pass plays from called runs. Romo threw two interceptions late in the fourth to propel the Pack to victory.
– With Robert Griffin III benched for the remainder of the season, quarterback Kirk Cousins is now behind center for the Redskins. Washington scored a touchdown with 22 seconds left in the game but failed to convert on the two-point conversion try, giving the Atlanta Falcons a 27-26 win. Coach Mike Shanahan’s costly decision puts him on the hot seat even more, and a line of questioning from a reporter following the game made the coach cut his presser short.
– Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles had five touchdowns against the Raiders and fantasy football players around the world rejoiced (or not, depending if you had to face him).
– Matt Asiata (who?) scored three touchdowns for the Minnesota Vikings, filling in for the injured Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart. Minnesota stomped the Eagles 48-30 at home.
– Eli Manning threw five interceptions and his New York Football Giants got shut out 23-0 by the Seahawks. We played some audio from Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman after the game.
– Arizona beat the Titans in overtime, and the Cardinals radio announcer has a certain proclivity to fat people according to Gresh.
– Lastly, there seemed to be some confusion among the Colts radio announcers about which player got the sack.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- How Bill Belichick’s Famous Super Bowl Gameplan Relates To Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell
- Amendola, Hogan, Mitchell All Limited For Patriots At Wednesday’s Practice
- Ben Roethlisberger Has A Tom Brady Jersey Hanging In His Office
- Bill Belichick Kindly Reminds Dion Lewis Of Importance Of Ball Security At Rainy Practice