NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2
BOSTON MARATHON: LIVE MONDAY ON CBSBOSTON.COM, WBZ-TV & WBZ NEWSRADIO Read More

Local

Lynn Home Gutted In Fire That May Have Started In Dryer

View Comments
Firefighters shut down Chestnut Street after the fire at this home Tuesday. (Photo by Carl Stevens)

Firefighters shut down Chestnut Street after the fire at this home Tuesday. (Photo by Carl Stevens)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

LYNN (CBS) – A fire at a home in Lynn Tuesday afternoon may have started in a clothes dryer, investigators told WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030′s Carl Stevens reports

The three-alarm fire broke out around noon inside a two-and-a-half story home on Chestnut Street.

Moments later, flames were shooting out two second floor windows and smoke was pouring out from under the roof.

There were no serious injuries, although Stevens reported a dog may have been hurt.

The Red Cross was called in to find a place to stay for 15 people, including seven children.

No other details are available at this point in the investigation.

Carl’s video from the scene:

 

MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus