Gresh & Zo’s No Huddle: Around The NFL Heading Into Week 14
BOSTON (CBS) – Andy Gresh, Scott Zolak and Hardy go around the NFL and preview the big headlines heading into Week 14, starting with the firing of Texans head coach Gary Kubiak.
– Gary Kubiak was at the helm of the Houston Texans for seven-plus seasons until today. News broke this morning that the coachwould be let go following the team’s second loss to the lowly Jacksonville Jaguars in three games, and the team’s 11th straight loss.
– We also heard from Eli Manning, who reflected on his draft day and originally being selected by the San Diego Chargers.
– In other Manning news, big brother Peyton was dismissive of a reporter asking questions about his cold-weather performances, which as we know haven’t been great. The elder Manning said there is no difference in his game during inclement weather.
– Panthers quarterback Cam Newton gives praise to Drew Brees, similar to the comments he made before playing Brady and the Patriots.
– Lastly, Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett apparently has a hard time getting a table in Seattle. So what did he do? He pretended to be Russell Wilson so he could get a reservation for his family at a local restaurant.
Listen below for more NFL news:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Celtics Have Already Opened Contract Talks With Sullinger, Zeller According To Ainge
- Kalman: Healthy, Dominant Chara Should Aid Bruins’ Search For Consistency
- This Week In Golf: Jason Day Runs Away With The Barclays
- Hurley: Still No Reason For Brady To Lose Case Against Goodell, NFL
- Bill Belichick Talks Transition From Talib To Revis In New ‘Do Your Job’ Video
- Judge Berman’s DeflateGate Ruling Expected Tuesday Or Wednesday After Sides Fail To Reach Settlement