Patriots Blog: Pats-Panthers Notes And Fun Facts
BOSTON (CBS) – WBZ-TV’s Levan Reid brings you some notes and fun facts for the Patriots’ Monday Night Football showdown with the Carolina Panthers.
– A win against the Carolina and the Patriots are guaranteed to have a record of .500 or better for the 13th consecutive season. The Pats are the only team in the NFL to finish with a record of .500 or better for the last 12 years.
– This will be the sixth time overall that the Pats and the Panthers will meet. The Patriots lead the all time series 3-2.
– Since 2001, the Patriots have compiled a 42-9 record against NFC teams. They are 3-0 against the NFC South this season.
– The Patriots are 22-22 all time of Monday Night Football.
– Bill Belichick is 16-8 all time on Monday Night Football, and 15-5 as head coach of the New England Patriots.
– Tom Brady is 13-4 on Monday Night Football. He’s thrown three or more touchdowns in a Monday night game nine times.
– Tom Brady needs eight completions to become the sixth NFL player to ever reach 4,000 completions.
– Stephen Gostkowski has converted 17 field goals in a row. The Patriots record is 23 by Adam Vinatieri in 2004.
– Gostkowski has scored in 100 consecutive games. If he scores Monday night he would tie Adam Vinatieri and John Smith for the team all time record of 101.
– Rob Gronkowski has 39 touchdown receptions from Tom Brady . He needs one more from Brady to break a tie with Randy Moss for the most touchdown receptions from Tom Brady.
– With one more touchdown reception, Gronkowski will become the fastest tight end to 40 touchdown receptions. This week is his 47th career game; Antonio Gates did it in 71 games.
– Brandon Spikes leads the team with 84 total tackles. He needs 16 more to secure his second straight 100 tackle season.
– The Patriots have forced a turnover in 36 consecutive games — the longest such active streak in the NFL.
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON