BOSTON (CBS) – Adam Jones took to the airways following the Bruins overtime win at home against the Columbus Blue Jackets for some postgame analysis and discussion.
Milan Lucic was the hero for the B’s Thursday night, delivering a breakaway goal in OT between the legs of Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobvrosky after blocking a shot just inside the blue line.
It was the first OT goal of Lucic’s career, and helped improve the team to 4-0-1 on their five-game homestand. Loui Eriksson and Shawn Thornton also scored for the Bruins.
Adam Jones weighed in and highlighted the three best and three worst storylines following the game, plus a surprise guest called into the show to give his thoughts.
1. The Bruins penalty kill, which has now killed off 26 power plays in a row – including 4 for 4 tonight.
2. Backup goalie Chad Johnson, who had 12 saves in the third period alone.
3. Milan Lucic and his game-winning goal, which gave the Bruins 9 points out of a possible 10 for the homestand.
1. Too many defensive breakdowns, especially early on in the first period.
2. David Krejci: No shots on goal, 3/13 face-offs. Not the strongest game out of Krejci.
3. Dumb penalties: Can’t give a team four power plays in such a dumb manner, especially the one where Lucic was sent to the box for roughing in the first period.
Jones fielded one call from a listener before an energized Scott Zolak called in to give his take, listen below:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON