Local

NH Firefighters Perform CPR To Save Dog From Burning Home

By Michael Rosenfield, WBZ-TV
View Comments
Features

MANCHESTER, N.H. (CBS) — A family lost their home in an early morning fire in Manchester, New Hampshire, but they are grateful firefighters were able to save their pet dog.

The Shiba Inu named Nickel was found by firefighters. He was unconscious on the living room floor.

They were able to use an oxygen mask made for pets to get him breathing again.

“They did some compressions on the dog and brought the dog back,” said Manchester Fire Department District Chief Jim Michael.

Nickel was brought to Advanced Veterinary Care in Manchester.

“He’s doing well now,” said technician Sarah Jervinis. “He’s drinking some water, he’s not having as much difficulty breathing, he’s bright and alert.”

Nickel is still coughing from the smoke inhalation and has an IV hooked up to his leg but he is expected to make a full recovery.

MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,852 other followers