BOSTON (CBS) – Fantasy Football guru Dave Richard of CBS Sports joined the Toucher and Rich Show Thursday morning to give his advice for Week 10.
The Patriots are on a bye, but there’s still plenty of football taking place this weekend with big implications as fantasy playoffs near. To help win your league, here’s Dave Richard’s expert tips:
– Rich led off the discussion with Dave’s thoughts on sleepers for this weekend. At the quarterback position it’s Nick Foles, who he acknowledged at this point is no longer a sleeper with his record-tying 7 touchdown passes last Sunday. The Eagles quarterback has a favorable matchup against a Green Bay Packers defense that’s not good against the pass.
– Also, Dave Richard says Eli Manning coming off a bye to face the Oakland Raiders at home is a safe start. After what Nick Foles did to the Raiders last week, and adding in the fact that it’s a west coast team coming east, Eli Manning has a favorable advantage.
– For running backs, Mike James of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is due for a big game on Monday Night Football against the team-in-turmoil Miami Dolphins. Richard also thinks Peyton Hillis could have a big week, but the status and workload of Andre Brown should be monitored.
– Richard declared that Tom Brady is back now that he has all his weapons, and that rookie wide receiver Aaron Dobson is a great option the rest of the way. Just last week Richard declared the end of Kenbrell Thompkins – and so far he’s right.
– Lastly, an Aaron Rodgers owner called in and asked Dave what he should do at that position. Dave stressed DON’T GO MAKING ANY BIG TRADES – because the aforementioned Nick Foles is still available in many leagues as well as Jay Cutler, who was dropped after his Week 7 injury.
For the full discussion click below to listen:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Extends Hit Streak To 28 Games As Red Sox Cruise Past Rockies
- Kalman: Signing Kevan Miller Was Wrong Move At Wrong Time For Bruins
- Roger Goodell Claims To Have Not Seen OTL Report, Congressional Investigation Into NFL’s Interference With Concussion Study
- Kalman: Bruins’ New Assistants Specialize In Grooming Youth, Constructive Criticism