BOSTON (CBS) – Gresh & Zo’s ‘No Huddle’ chronicled the major NFL headlines coming out of Week 9. The guys went around the NFL to find the biggest moments.
– The Falcons were blown out by the Carolina Panthers. It’s been a long seasons for Atlanta, who just last year appeared in the NFC Championship game. Matt Ryan was picked off three times and Cam Newton accounted for two touchdowns as the Panthers rolled to a 34-10 win.
– Eagles backup QB Nick Foles threw for an NFL record seven touchdowns against the Raiders in Oakland. He had just six incompletions all day. Chip Kelly and the Eagles won handily 49-20.
– We also heard the call from Adrian Peterson’s amazing touchdown run. It wouldn’t be enough though, because the Vikings let the Cowboys back in the game. Tony Romo threw a late touchdown pass to solidify a Dallas victory.
– The lowly Tampa Bay Buccaneers traveled to the Pacific Northwest to take on the Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks had to come from behind and overcome a 21-point deficit to get the 27-24 win in overtime. The loss pushed the Bucs to 0-8.
– The guys then moved to college football. With no time on the clock, Nebraska won a game against Northwestern and finally the guys look at the Patriots next opponent: the Carolina Panthers.