Patriots Blog: News And Notes Heading Into Matchup With Steelers
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – Here are a few notes and fun facts heading into Sunday’s Patriots-Steelers matchup in Foxboro.
– The Patriots are an NFL best 35-13 in the month of November since 2001.
– Since 2010, the Patriots are a combined 23-1 in the second half of the regular season.
– This will be the 27th meeting overall between the Steelers and the Patriots.
– Tom Brady has played the Steelers six times in his career and he has a 4-2 record against them. Brady is 2-0 against the Steelers at Gillette.
– The last time these two teams played was Oct. 30, 2011. The game was at Heinz Field and Pittsburgh beat New England 25-17.
– Family note: Kenbrell Thompkins and Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown are cousins. They both grew up in Miami.
– Tom Brady needs 20 completions to move past Warren Moon into sixth place all time on the NFL completions list.
– Julian Edelman needs one more punt return for a touchdown to set the team mark for his fourth return for a touchdown. Right now he’s tied with Irving Fryar and Troy Brown with three returns for TDs.
– Stephen Gostkowski has hit 15 field goals in a row. The Pats record is 23 by Adam Vinatieri in 2004.
– The Pats as a team have forced a turnover in 35 consecutive games.
– Stevan Ridley has 13 runs of 20 yards or more this season and needs one more to have the most in team history. He is currently tied with Antowain Smith and Corey Dillon.
– Chris Jones has five sacks. He leads all rookies in that category.
– Rob Ninkovich has the most fumble recoveries of any NFL player over the last four years. He has 11
– As a team, the Pats defense has sacked the quarterback 24 times this season. The Steelers D has 10.
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.
More Patriots Coverage On CBSBoston.com