Gresh & Zo’s No Huddle: Around The NFL Heading Into Week 9
Gresh and Zo go around the NFL and preview the big headlines heading into Week 9, starting with Thursday night’s game between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Miami Dolphins.
– The game went into overtime and ended on a controversial call. Dolphins pass rusher Cameron Wake beat his guy to the inside and sacked Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton for a safety that ended the game 22-20. The call was reviewed by officials and it was determined that the ball was indeed across the goal line. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis did not agree with the call, we played the audio from that.
– Staying with the Dolphins, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports had a weird report this week that Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin is AWOL from the team. He allegedly blew up in the team cafeteria after repeated bullying by his teammates. Zolak tells everyone what it’s really like inside NFL locker rooms.
– We played a soundbite from Eagles rookie quarterback Matt Barkley about him being a shark and smelling blood in the water. No, seriously.
– Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll called out his wide receiver Golden Tate for taunting on a long touchdown.
– And finally, Albert Haynesworth was on a sports talk radio show and called out his former coach, Mike Shanahan of the Washington Redskins. Mike Shanahan responded with a jab of his own.
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON