NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2

Local

Investigators Say Burning Candle Sparked Nashua, NH Fire

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — Firefighters say a burning candle likely caused an apartment fire that has displaced four people in the New Hampshire city of Nashua.

The three adults and one child were alerted to the fire early Friday morning by a smoke detector and able to get out of the apartment safely.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire, which started in a bedroom.

Authorities say the fire was likely caused by a candle left burning after the occupants had gone to sleep.

Authorities say the tenants are now staying with neighbors.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,984 other followers