NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2

Local

Firefighter Rescued From Inside Burning Billerica Home

By Christina Hager, WBZ-TV
View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

BILLERICA (CBS) – A Billerica woman, her toddler, and young niece escaped their burning home after an accident with a candle.

“I just feel bad because we lost everything,” said Kylee Bomal holding onto her two-year-old daughter.

The fire made it to three alarms because one firefighter lost his breathing mask in the thick smoke. “He called for a mayday to get himself out. He was disoriented. The crews went in and got him,” said Dep. Chief David Ferraro.

One side of the duplex is destroyed, but all the residents made it out uninjured. That firefighter is also fine, and did not need to go to the hospital.

MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,036 other followers