BILLERICA (CBS) – A Billerica woman, her toddler, and young niece escaped their burning home after an accident with a candle.
“I just feel bad because we lost everything,” said Kylee Bomal holding onto her two-year-old daughter.
The fire made it to three alarms because one firefighter lost his breathing mask in the thick smoke. “He called for a mayday to get himself out. He was disoriented. The crews went in and got him,” said Dep. Chief David Ferraro.
One side of the duplex is destroyed, but all the residents made it out uninjured. That firefighter is also fine, and did not need to go to the hospital.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON