BOSTON (CBS) – Here are a few notes and fun facts heading into Sunday’s Patriots-Bengals game in Cincinnati.
– The Pats are an NFL best 35-7 in the month of October since 2003 and they have won 26 of their last 30 October games.
– This matchup is one between the two longest tenured coaches currently in the NFL; Bill Belichick (14 years with New England) and Marvin Lewis (11 years in Cincy).
– This will be the 23rd meeting between the Pats and the Bengals, with the Pats holding a 14-8 advantage.
– New England has won seven of the last eight meetings between the two clubs.
– Kenbrell Thompkins attended the University of Cincinnati, just five miles north of Paul Brown stadium.
– The Pats will face former teammates BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Brandon Tate.
– Tom Brady is a perfect 4-0 against the Bengals.
– With one win, Bill Belichick with pass Chuck Knoll for career wins and take sole possession of 5th place on the NFL’s all-time list.
– With two touchdown passes Tom Brady will pass Fran Tarkenton and take sole possession of 4th place on the NFL all-time passing touchdown list.
WATCH: Reid’s Minute Roundup
– Julian Edelman and Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson lead the NFL in receptions with 34. Edelman’s career-high is 37, which he did as a rookie.
– The Patriots have forced a turnover in 31 straight games dating back to 2011, the longest active streak in the NFL.
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.
More Patriots Coverage On CBSBoston.com
- Bill Belichick Gives Out Plenty Of Praise For Everyone — Except Malcolm Butler
- The NFL Has A Scoring Problem – Potentially The Worst In Decades
- Gold Stars & Penalty Flags: Tom Brady Does Tom Brady Things Against Saints
- Eli Manning A Two-Time Super Bowl MVP? Let’s Reevaluate All Seven Patriots Super Bowls